"Go the wired route if you want" - from AE's features description. Isn't it NECESSARY?
I am confused by this part of the Airport Express features description from the Compatibility and Security section: "Go the wired route if you want."
I've a cable modem, a Mac mini, an iPad and an iPhone. Presently, my modem is plugged into the mini which gives me online access for that device alone. I was going to order Airport Express which I understand will give me online access to all Apple devices, including the Mini (2007) through my own wi-fi network.
As part of such a setup, isn't it necessary to unplug my modem from the mini and plug the modem into Airport Express??
- Asked by Chrystal O from Duncan
- Oct 27, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate ("Go the wired route if you want" - from AE's features description. Isn't it NECESSARY?)
2 Answers from the Community
Yes, it is necessary to unplug the Mac Mini from your modem and plug it into the AE.
However, you have the choice of using wifi to connect your Mac Mini to the AE, or use another ethernet cable to connect it to the AE - this is the optional wired route...
- Answered by William Q from Beaverton
- Nov 3, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes. Then Mini/iPad/iPhone can connect by WiFi.
- Answered by Anthony S
- Nov 3, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Is it necessary to charge the new battery?
- Asked by Marcia J from Santa Rosa
- Oct 12, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it necessary to charge the new battery?)
- Asked about: Rechargeable Battery - 15-inch MacB…
What is the best small portable printer for a Macbook?
- Asked by Erin H from Homer
- Nov 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the best small portable printer for a Macbook?)
- Asked about: Mac
Is this necessary to have for the Magic Mouse?
- Asked by Haley M from Escanaba
- Jul 21, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this necessary to have for the Magic Mouse?)
- Asked about: Mobee Magic Charger for Apple Magic…