"Go the wired route if you want" - from AE's features description. Isn't it NECESSARY?
I am confused by this part of the Airport Express features description from the Compatibility and Security section: "Go the wired route if you want."
I've a cable modem, a Mac mini, an iPad and an iPhone. Presently, my modem is plugged into the mini which gives me online access for that device alone. I was going to order Airport Express which I understand will give me online access to all Apple devices, including the Mini (2007) through my own wi-fi network.
As part of such a setup, isn't it necessary to unplug my modem from the mini and plug the modem into Airport Express??
- Asked by Chrystal O from Duncan
- Oct 27, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate ("Go the wired route if you want" - from AE's features description. Isn't it NECESSARY?)
2 Answers from the Community
Yes, it is necessary to unplug the Mac Mini from your modem and plug it into the AE.
However, you have the choice of using wifi to connect your Mac Mini to the AE, or use another ethernet cable to connect it to the AE - this is the optional wired route...
- Answered by William Q from Beaverton
- Nov 3, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes. Then Mini/iPad/iPhone can connect by WiFi.
- Answered by Anthony S
- Nov 3, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
If I bought an iphone 5 of apple.ae will it have facetime?
- Asked by George E
- Jan 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (If I bought an iphone 5 of apple.ae will it have facetime?)
- Asked about: iPhone
Does word have the save as feature
- Asked by Carol Ann M from Ste Anne De Prescott
- Mar 4, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does word have the save as feature)
- Asked about: Microsoft Office for Mac Home and S…
It is necessary to pay some monthly?
- Asked by Hector D from Patillas
- Mar 23, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (It is necessary to pay some monthly?)
- Asked about: Computrace LoJack for Laptops Premi…