Existing wifi network - connection to speakers and sky boy
I have a wifi network in my house, powered by a wireless router next to my telephone socket.
In a totally different room, I have some ipod speakers and a sky box next to each other. The existing wifi signal is strong here.
What I want to do is:
1) Play music from iPhone iTunes over wifi to the existing speakers and
2) Connect my sky box to the internet via its Ethernet port.
Can I do this using a AirPort Express Base Station?
1 Answer from the Community
Yes that will work for you.
Just make sure to run the setup utility when you get the Airport Express so that it joins the existing network (more reliable to just join it than try and join and extend the network) and to enable the AirPlay function.
- Answered by Ian D
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I track the iPad mini air without it being connected to a network or wifi?
- Asked by Robert L from Lakeland
- Apr 18, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I track the iPad mini air without it being connected to a network or wifi?)
- Asked about: iPad
how does this connect to network? Is it same way like we connect our iPad to a Wifi network? Also how does one stream the music to this speaker ?
- Asked by Jayan K
- Nov 25, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (how does this connect to network? Is it same way like we connect our iPad to a Wifi network? Also how does one stream the music to this speaker ?)
- Asked about: Bowers & Wilkins A7 AirPlay Wireles…