Does AirPort Express Base Station support UPNP?
- Asked by Kianoosh Y from Halifax
- Jan 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does AirPort Express Base Station support UPNP?)
2 Answers from the Community
To expand on a bit on the correct answer by Sabahattin G: I called Apple Support to confirm Sabahattin's answer. The tech I spoke to said that Apple considers NAT-PNP and UPnP to be the same spec, so any equipment that works with UPnP enabled routers (Linksys, Netgear) should work with the Airport Extreme. They probably make that claim because Time Capsule uses NAT-PNP to self-configure with the Airport Extreme, and uses UPnP to config with other routers.
In the myopic Apple ecosystem, NAT-PNP replaces UPnP. But if the device you are connecting uses UPnP, do not expect success.
- Answered by Paul W from San Jose
- Apr 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Alas, no. You'll need a separate machine or NAS to do media serving, and you'll have to do port forwarding manually unless your application also supports Apple's NAT-PMP (Skype, BitTorrent, but not many connected TVs and not XBox and not PSP).
- Answered by Sabahattin G
- Jan 9, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can this AirPort Extreme support uPnP required by my home server?
- Asked by Howard L from Fremont
- Mar 14, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this AirPort Extreme support uPnP required by my home server?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
Can the Zeppelin Air be used as a WiFi base station Like an Airport Express?
- Asked by Brian B from Santa Cruz
- Mar 22, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Zeppelin Air be used as a WiFi base station Like an Airport Express?)
- Asked about: Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air Speak…
Range of bulb from base station
- Asked by Cody S from Fort Wayne
- Aug 20, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Range of bulb from base station)
- Asked about: Philips Hue Connected Bulb - Starte…