Do you have to pay anything like a monthly fee for the internet?
- Asked by Madi G from Concord
- Jul 1, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Do you have to pay anything like a monthly fee for the internet?)
1 Answer from the Community
As a general rule, yes. If you connect the AirPort Express Base Station, or any other router, to the Internet, in order to then have wireless (or wired) Wi-Fi access to it from your computer or other devices, then sure, someone has to be paying a subscription charge for that connection You'd normally first sign up as a customer of an internet provider, such as Comcast, Verizon, RCN, AT&T, Time Warner, many others, usually paying a monthly fee. Then, you'll need to connect a cable modem to the Airport Express Base Station, and then you'll be able to communicate with it from your wireless or wired device (computer). But since you were able to get on the internet to ask this question, you've been connecting to it through someone else's paid connection via some internet provider. If you've been doing it wirelessly up to now, it is possible that you've been using a connection that someone else in your area has been paying for, and you've just been using it without their permission/without paying for it. Or perhaps you've been using an internet connection that is sometimes bought from internet providers by local towns, by stores (such as Starbucks), or maybe your school. In those cases, you've been using that location's router instead of your own router (such as an AirPort Express) to connect to the Internet. I hope that helps, and maybe someone else can jump in to clarify further.
- Answered by Larry S from Brookline
- Jul 2, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
What apps on the apple tv have monthly fees?
- Asked by Marlene M from Clarenville
- Apr 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What apps on the apple tv have monthly fees?)
- Asked about: Apple TV
is there anything like a monthly service plan? For example the NBA league, couple TV episodes...?
- Asked by Dave S from Saint-laurent
- Nov 4, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (is there anything like a monthly service plan? For example the NBA league, couple TV episodes...?)
- Asked about: Apple TV
Is the AirPort Time Capsule a server also? I now pay a monthly fee for a router and server. Can I get rid of this other company ?
- Asked by Jeffery W from Drakesboro
- Jun 27, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the AirPort Time Capsule a server also? I now pay a monthly fee for a router and server. Can I get rid of this other company ?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB