Would my iMacs RAM effect tracking speed/lag when using the magic trackpad?
I am currently running a stock 21.5 " i5 iMac 4GB RAM and notice that I only max out about 2.50 Gb or so memory when multitasking and using the system normally.
I recently purchased a magic trackpad which I have had replaced by Apple as my old one was faulty and have found that in one spot of the trackpad I get slight cursor delay.
This was the exact same problem (there were other problems also with my old one) that happened with my previous trackpad so I'm starting to think this now must be a software fault.
Unless there are any issues with mountain lion (I'm running the latest version) that I'm not aware of the only other explanation I can think of is the RAM.
Would RAM have an effect on cursor delay on a trackpad? I find it hard to believe I've had two trackpads with the same issue and it has been in the exact same place (In the bottom right hand corner of the pad)
Would upgrading my RAM to 8GB have any effect?
Any thoughts on the issue?
(I was also thinking it may be related to the notification centre gesture in some way as you have to swipe with two fingers from the right to active this)
- Asked by Jonathan H
- Oct 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Would my iMacs RAM effect tracking speed/lag when using the magic trackpad?)
1 Answer from the Community
Increasing the RAM would not affect the trackpad at all, although it sounds like in general you may need more RAM for what you're doing. Your issue sounds purely software related. I'd be curious to see how a Magic Mouse performed on your computer.
- Answered by Robin S from Bridgeport
- Jul 12, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can the Logitech K750 be used with the Magic Trackpad?
- Asked by Jerome D from Fishers
- Feb 24, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Logitech K750 be used with the Magic Trackpad?)
- Asked about: Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K7…
can i customize a refurbished iMac
- Asked by Ronald M from Oak Grove
- Oct 4, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can i customize a refurbished iMac)
- Asked about: Mac
No answers yet
Can a track pad and mouse be used at the same time?
- Asked by Stephen M from Pakenham
- Oct 20, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can a track pad and mouse be used at the same time?)
- Asked about: Apple Magic Mouse