Will the Magic Trackpad work with a MacBook Air?
- Asked by Richard G W from Provo
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Magic Trackpad work with a MacBook Air?)
5 Answers from the Community
It should work on any Apple computer with Snow Leopard 10.6.4 and higher. Without its drivers, only basic features will work.
- Answered by Krasimir P
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It should, but you first need to install (1) OS 10.6.4 and (2) a separate trackpad update. To find the crucial trackpad update, go to Support > Downloads, search for "trackpad," then look for the "Magic Trackpad and Multi-Touch Trackpad Update 1.0" download.
- Answered by Anina B from Portland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes, will work. I got mine working.
Make sure you update 10.6.2 with download Trackpad software.
- Answered by Ivan Y from Sydney
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Michelle, I use a similar set-up as you. For selecting large amount of text, I place the cursor at the beginning of the text, place three fingertips on the pad and (while maintaining contact with all three) I use my index finger to drag across the text. Same functionality for all dragging functions actually.
- Answered by Jason S from Morton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
I'm running Maverick 10.9.1 on my MacBook Air. I set it up with other components as a "dock station" with a larger monitor for my home office. It works the same as the trackpad on the laptop but it is larger. It also fits smartly to either side of the Apple keyboard. I have a bluetooth mouse from another manufacturer and the Apple trackpad does seem to be as responsive as the built in version while the mouse tends to drag a bit. I've come to love the trackpad for most "mouse functions." The one function where I always turn to the mouse though is selecting a large chunk of text. I haven't figured out how to do that on the pad without using both hands.
- Answered by Michelle S from Mariposa
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
does the magic trackpad work with a macbook 2,1
- Asked by Stephanie D
- Oct 18, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (does the magic trackpad work with a macbook 2,1)
- Asked about: Apple Wireless Keyboard - English
No answers yet
Will the Magic Mouse work with macbook air?
- Asked by Jacob L from East Lansing
- Oct 20, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Magic Mouse work with macbook air?)
- Asked about: Apple Magic Mouse
Can I use the Magic Trackpad while it's docked in the charger?
- Asked by Mark B from Cupertino
- Sep 1, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the Magic Trackpad while it's docked in the charger?)
- Asked about: Magic Bar by Mobee Technology