So this could completely control my macbook if it was across teh room connected to my TV? I would have all the power of a mouse?
use the Trackpad to remotely control my Macbook connected to a TV.
- Asked by Frank L from Bellevue
- Jul 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (So this could completely control my macbook if it was across teh room connected to my TV? I would have all the power of a mouse?)
3 Answers from the Community
Yes, what you describe is exactly how I’m using mine. It’s perfect for home theater setups. You can use it as a mouse up to 30 feet. If you use the double tap gesture you can even click while the track pad is resting on a soft surface such as a pillow or couch cushion. I would recommend going into the Track Pad preferences to customize it to your needs.
- Answered by Christopher K from Saint Cloud
- Jul 29, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes, I am using it for exactly that. Works beautifully in a large room where I am sitting 10 feet from a 32" flatscreen TV.
It can do more than a mouse with all the gestures available. Its great for swiping to and from between apps and through browser pages or photographs.
I am using the trackpad combined with wireless keyboard using Twelve South Magic Wand. AN elegant solution for home theatre/macmini.
- Answered by Lawrence V
- Jul 12, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes and no. The trackpad functions like any trackpad on a MacBook, which is just like a mouse, except you drag your finger around to move the mouse pointer. In addition, you could use it for controlling a computer connected to a TV, so long as you are within range. As it uses Bluetooth, the range should be pretty generous.
- Answered by Stephen W from Tinton Falls
- Jul 28, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
can I connect my mac book pro to HDMI ready television?
- Asked by Lynda C
- Sep 25, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can I connect my mac book pro to HDMI ready television?)
- Asked about: Apple HDMI to HDMI Cable 1.8 m
so if someone is holding your ipod you can control it across the room?
- Asked by Octavius T from Columbia
- Nov 4, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (so if someone is holding your ipod you can control it across the room?)
- Asked about: Apple Remote