Sleep vs Power Button--how to choose?
I know my trackpad goes to sleep when the computer does. I'm wondering about getting maximum battery life--when to use the power button vs. just letting it sleep. I have seen answers advising power button use when the computer will be inactive for "an extended period", but does that mean hours, or days? If I were going on vacation I would use the power button, but what about overnight?
- Asked by Simone P from Takoma Park
- Oct 17, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Sleep vs Power Button--how to choose?)
1 Answer from the Community
In my view, extended periods should be a few days or more, hence a vacation scenario would be apt.
I use it daily, never bothered to switch it off and left it to sleep automatically when it's not in use. Just got to click it wake up from sleep. Usage wise, I change my batteries every month or 1.5 months. I use rechargeable batteries, so I charge up my spares whenever the low battery warning comes on.
Apple's rechargeable batteries comes with 6 batteries, so using that for my wireless keyboard and trackpad I still have 2 as spare to swap. Buy that too and you're golden.
- Answered by Daryl David Kid L
- Dec 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does this display have a power button?
- Asked by Chuck B from Oldsmar
- Oct 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this display have a power button?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Display (27-inch)