How smooth is response with a Mac Pro?
I bought a magic mouse a while back that skipped and had very poor response with a Mac Pro. I exchanged it for a new one with no improvement and have no problem with the mouse when using it with my Macbook Pro. Others have had this problem and it is apparently due to poor bluetooth reception through the case of the Mac Pro and/or weak bluetooth signal from the magic mouse. I would really like to get a Magic Trackpad but am afraid I might have the same problem with it. Is anyone having this problem with the trackpad and a Mac Pro? Thanks.
- Asked by Todd M from Meridian
- Dec 4, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (How smooth is response with a Mac Pro?)
1 Answer from the Community
I have been using a trackpad (MacPro 1,1 with a plug-in bluetooth) for a few months. It is very fun to slip along like a hummingbird when moving from place to place, yes, smooth as silk, for sure: at first, it was so smooth it sometimes picked up the odd folder and dropped it somewhere along its path without my even noticing! You develop a light touch.
My complaint is that it's not often possible to select a section of text and drag and drop it – at all, let alone where you want it (you can cut and paste).
There is no easy right-click, but you can work around that, too.
The fun aspect is definitely addicting, and I haven't seriously considered going back to my trackball. But I do use a Wacom pad for Photoshop and such where detail is required. I hope this is helpful.
- Answered by Laurel R from Tomales
- Dec 5, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can the cheapest Macs run smooth without slowing down or getting stuck with, say, 10 web browser windows open, each containing 20 tabs?
- Asked by John S from New York
- Aug 22, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the cheapest Macs run smooth without slowing down or getting stuck with, say, 10 web browser windows open, each containing 20 tabs?)
- Asked about: Mac
What is it like running Windows 7 on a Macbook Pro using Bootcamp?
- Asked by Shivam P
- Dec 3, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What is it like running Windows 7 on a Macbook Pro using Bootcamp?)
- Asked about: Mac
is a clean install recommended of Snow Leopard to ensure smooth operation?
- Asked by Robert A from Leominster
- Oct 25, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (is a clean install recommended of Snow Leopard to ensure smooth operation?)
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard