Does the trackpad requires a surface film to protect from wear? If so, do you think it won't impact the performance?
I have seen a few third party sellers offering this protection films but I dunno if this might impact the performance. All I know is that the trackpad is made of wear resistance glass...I just want to make sure before I buy one of those films.
2 Answers from the Community
No. The Trackpad, which continually keeps blowing me away as far as functionality, performance precision, and endless amount of sheer fun, absolutely does *not* need anything on top of it, other than your fingers.
I'll answer your 2nd question anyway and tell you that yes, I do believe that if you did elect to put any kind of protective layer on it, performance would suffer significantly. Cleaning it is super easy and you won't need anything other than a damp cloth to clean it. And don't be shy either. The build quality is excellent as per usual with Apple equipment.
The reason I am extra excited about it today is the fact that I just installed OS X 10.7 Lion Preview 2 and the additional 3 and 4-finger swipes that you can configure is nothing short of incredible.
At any rate, regardless as to the OS (Snow Leopard (10.6) or the upcoming Lion), the Magic Trackpad will give you total control over every aspect having to do with navigating your way around your Mac and OS X. Beyond that, it will even give you the flexibility of extra options to do so. It replaced my Magic Mouse that came with my iMac on Day 1 of owning the Trackpad.
(sorry for the long post; just trying to be thorough ;-) )
- Answered by Jack T from Los Angeles
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Thanks JT, you have really answered my questions. There no doubts about it anymore. The trackpad has changed the way I do computing; the best is getting better.
- Answered by Rafael F from Lancaster
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can you still use the trackpad itself? like once you apple the film is it still a smooth surface where you can still use it as a trackpad?
- Asked by Michael M from Bolton
- Jan 1, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can you still use the trackpad itself? like once you apple the film is it still a smooth surface where you can still use it as a trackpad?)
- Asked about: Mobee Magic Numpad for Apple Magic …
Will the Magic Mouse detect my finger gestures when I wear thin cotton gloves?
- Asked by Nancy H from Freeland
- Mar 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Magic Mouse detect my finger gestures when I wear thin cotton gloves?)
- Asked about: Apple Magic Mouse
At almost $100, is this Tech 21 Impact Case considerably better than the Speck, Kuzy or other cases in terms of shell material & protection?
- Asked by Jeffrey C from Haworth
- Jun 17, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (At almost $100, is this Tech 21 Impact Case considerably better than the Speck, Kuzy or other cases in terms of shell material & protection?)
- Asked about: Tech21 Impact Snap Case for 11-inch…