Click on scroll button?
I usually use the scroll as a button, pressing it on web browsers to open a link in a new tab. How can I do the same with Magic trackpad?
- Asked by Margarita S from Bogota
- Sep 18, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Click on scroll button?)
3 Answers from the Community
I saw another answer instruct to "right-click" on the link, then select "Open Window in New Tab link on the text menu that appears.
Although this works, I have also found that pressing the Command key, along with a single click on the trackpad -- this works as well. This also cuts down on the number of clicks the user would have to make.
- Answered by Kyle C from Sylacauga
- Jul 30, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The magic trackpad emulates a two button mouse. So you can only simulate 'right' and 'left' clicks, not middle clicks.
- Answered by David K from San Jose
- Feb 25, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Right click or tap with two fingers and you will have the little menu that allows you to open a link in a new window or, as you like, a new tab.
- Answered by James J from Arlington
- Mar 14, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
is the click wheel able to scroll?
- Asked by Cindy M from Calgary
- Nov 29, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (is the click wheel able to scroll?)
- Asked about: Apple Remote