Can you connect the Magic Trackpad to an external power source? eg. USB.
I know the Magic Trackpad runs on two AA batteries, but is there a way to connect it to a different power source such as an adapter or a USB cable so as to not have to worry about the batteries running out/having to recharge and replace them?
- Asked by Thomas L from Burnaby
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you connect the Magic Trackpad to an external power source? eg. USB.)
4 Answers from the Community
Mobee has a solution called the Power Bar that's basically a rechargeable battery unit that screws into the trackpad that can be changed via USB
- Answered by Andrew T from El Segundo
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
There is the Mobee Power Bar, but it's $30.
There are a bunch of DIY hacks on the Internet that will power the trackpad via USB (most desktop users of the trackpad have it sitting within inches of an Apple USB keyboard, which has a USB power jack on the side). Of course, they're not supported, so you're on your own.
I made one myself with a 3.3 volt regulator (I didn't want to pump 5 volts straight into a two AA device). It works just fine and I won't need to buy batteries ever again.
- Answered by Nicholas W S from Santa Clara
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
That was exactly what I was looking for!
I would mark your answer as 'Best Answer' if it wasn't already assigned to the previous answer.
- Answered by Thomas L from Burnaby
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
No, it is not possible to use it without a pair of AA batteries. It is a wireless trackpad only.
- Answered by Krasimir P
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Can I plug into a power source?
- Asked by Justin H
- Mar 18, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I plug into a power source?)
- Asked about: Beats Pill 2.0 Speaker
No answers yet