Can you connect multiple magic trackpads to one computer at the same time? If so how many can work simultaneously?
2 Answers from the Community
On a Mac their is virtually no limit to the number of pointing devices that can be connected, but what is the point? There is only cursor on the screen so there is no way for multiple users to interact with the machine. (This support is mainly there for laptops, where people often connect an external mouse, or schools where assistive technology devices often remain connected)
- Answered by David K from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You may observe that the trackpad is bluetooth device. Each trackpad that you intend to connect should be in the vicinity of the computer and max 30 feet away approx. Now it is dependent on the Bluetooth adapter you since you can connect limited Bluetooth devices to one particular bluetooth adapter. I think you may need separate Bluetooth adapter for each trackpad that you wanna use. You should check the limitation since it's decided by the kind of Bluetooth adapter on each individual computer.
- Answered by Jasjit V
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
How many devices can be connected - simultaneously - to one thunderbolt port?
- Asked by Diego G from Salvador
- Oct 28, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (How many devices can be connected - simultaneously - to one thunderbolt port?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2.0 m) - W…
Can I have one monitor split into multiple, simultaneous, virtual desktops?
- Asked by Matthew H from Saratoga Springs
- Jan 12, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I have one monitor split into multiple, simultaneous, virtual desktops?)
- Asked about: Mac
Can i use both a magic trackpad and a mouse on same computer, both active at the same time?
- Asked by Darren B from Bryn Mawr
- Apr 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use both a magic trackpad and a mouse on same computer, both active at the same time?)
- Asked about: Apple Magic Mouse