can track pad be configured to act like a number pad?
i'm a finance guy and really, really appreciate having a number pad on my keyboard. apple has been moving away from number pads and there are no 3rd party ones available (at least none up to apple standards). plus i'd find it very useful to have a trackpad / number pad to use with my macbook when i'm on the road. it must be possible to programme something like this and then supply a simple foil with the relevant keys marked on it?
- Asked by Nicholas S
- May 3, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (can track pad be configured to act like a number pad?)
1 Answer from the Community
While it may be possible.
It probably isn't practical:
-when using an normal 10-key number pad, the user rests their fingers on home row (3,5,6) and uses tactile feedback to quickly enter numbers.
-even with a number pad foil and software to drive the virtual number pad, the user would have to hover their fingers above the number pad's home row and would have no tactile feedback for each key stroke (assuming the sw was using single tap per keystroke; making the trackpad physically click for each keystroke would be very hard for the user)
-hunt and peck could work; but, number entry speed would be pretty slow compared to a real 10-key number pad.
- Answered by Chris S from San Jose
- May 4, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use this for my I Pad?
- Asked by Joanne D from Jersey City
- Mar 20, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this for my I Pad?)
- Asked about: Incase 13" Neoprene Pro Sleeve for …
No answers yet
which is the best configuration for video editing in Mac
- Asked by Srijesh G
- Oct 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (which is the best configuration for video editing in Mac)
- Asked about: Mac
Can i show all open windows like the four finger swipe on my track pad?
- Asked by Alexandra R from Pickering
- Apr 25, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i show all open windows like the four finger swipe on my track pad?)
- Asked about: Apple Magic Mouse