can the track pad attach to a wireless keyboard
- Asked by Danielle L from Timmins
- Mar 1, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (can the track pad attach to a wireless keyboard)
4 Answers from the Community
At the risk of sounding sarcastic and as though I am making a joke: Try Duct Tape.
The MagicWand is about $30 and if you are not certain about how comfortable the configuration of one solid unit would be and want to try it out but want it more stable than just having them side by side, just use a piece of duct tape to hold them together.
The reason I suggest this is that having them right next to each other is not necessarily going to turn out to be the most comfortable configuration. So try it with some tape for a while to make sure its for you and if it is, then get the MagicWand to make it more "permanent".
- Answered by Eric K from New Castle
- Apr 7, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Right now it doesn't out of the box, but there is at least one aftermarket device that allows you to snap them together.
I can't enter a URL here (it flags it as inappropriate), but the device is called MagicWand and is made by TwelveSouth. Haven't tried it so can't speak for it.
It would be more fun if they could do it with magnets.
- Answered by Rahul P from Oak Park
- Mar 16, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
A company called Twelve South has an item called the Magic Wand that joins your wireless keyboard to your trackpad. It looks like a good quality product.
- Answered by Leland J from Lancaster
- Aug 3, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
you cannot permanently attach the two.. if you do you will block access to the power button or the battery compartment of both.. you will need to keep the ability to separate them from time to time..
a rigid connection will also reduce the ability of the "click" function of the track pad.. the buttons on the bottom of the track pad need to compress to function, the bumps on the keyboard are rigid..
keep these two factors in mind when you contemplate your solution.
- Answered by Jonathan J from Sechelt
- Aug 4, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
does the keyboard have a "track Pad" ?
- Asked by Joe D from Miami Springs
- Jan 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (does the keyboard have a "track Pad" ?)
- Asked about: Apple Wireless Keyboard - English
is there something i can use to anchor my track pad to the keyboard?
- Asked by Kenn U
- Aug 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (is there something i can use to anchor my track pad to the keyboard?)
- Asked about: Mac
Can a track pad and mouse be used at the same time?
- Asked by Stephen M from Pakenham
- Oct 20, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can a track pad and mouse be used at the same time?)
- Asked about: Apple Magic Mouse