Would the Apple Remote work as a presenter for use with PowerPoint, Keynote, etc.?
- Asked by Andy C
- Dec 4, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Would the Apple Remote work as a presenter for use with PowerPoint, Keynote, etc.?)
2 Answers from the Community
Yes, I use mine with Keynote and it works beautifully at close range (20 feet or less). You'll need a Mac with an IR receiver and you also need to have your Mac facing you while you present. If you're in a situation where your Mac has to be tethered to the projector in the back of the room, you may want a beefier USB remote with longer range. You'll notice that even Steve Jobs doesn't use the Apple Remote during Apple Keynotes!
- Answered by Reid B from Claryville
- Dec 8, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
While I am not familiar with using the remote with Keynote (I use MS Office products), I do know that the Apple Remote will NOT work with MS Powerpoint. I've read that some are hoping for MS to fix this in future updates; however, this is not guaranteed. It sounds like 3rd party software would need to be used; however, I cannot attest at this time as to how reliable or safe the 3rd party softwares are.
- Answered by Christopher W from Bloomington
- Jun 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will this work with PowerPoint?
- Asked by Michelle L from Darlington
- Nov 20, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with PowerPoint?)
- Asked about: Apple Magic Mouse
Can this dock be used with an Apple remote?
- Asked by Jessica L from Elk River
- Sep 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this dock be used with an Apple remote?)
- Asked about: iPhone 5s Dock