Will the remote work on the new mac desktop computer?
Like to play movies and shows on Quicktime and DVD player?
- Asked by Kerry A from Perth
- Aug 11, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the remote work on the new mac desktop computer?)
2 Answers from the Community
Yes, the apple remote is completely functional with the new desktop computers released by Apple. How do I know? Its because I own iMac 27" and the remote works fine.
To Double check, go to "System Preferences" > "Security" > "General" > Under "For all accounts on this computer" if you have an option to "Disable remote control infrared receiver" then the remote will operate with your Mac.
- Answered by Abhishek M from Maidstone
- Aug 23, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It will not work on a Mac Pro...booooo
- Answered by Paul S from Bristol
- Aug 30, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
will it work on the desktop computers
- Asked by Lisa S from Clearfield
- Jan 8, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (will it work on the desktop computers)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
Will Apple remote desktop work with iMac
- Asked by Richard B from Marysville
- Jul 22, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will Apple remote desktop work with iMac)
- Asked about: Mac
No answers yet
Does this work with the new mac mini?
- Asked by Mark D from Grand Rapids
- Aug 15, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with the new mac mini?)
- Asked about: H-Squared Mini Mount