Which Products have an IR port?
- Asked by Benjamin S from Charlestown
- Oct 20, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Which Products have an IR port?)
10 Answers from the Community
Check Preferences, Security, General. IF you have an option to turn on and off a remote then you have an IR port and the remote should work
- Answered by Cassius Z from San Diego
- Feb 3, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I could not sinc the apple remote with my MacBook Air, so I called the Apple 800# and the apple expert said that the MacBook Air DID NOT have an IR receiver!
- Answered by Jan W from Greeley
- Mar 28, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Since 2012, the new iMacs DON'T have IR port.
And it seams that the only way to control the new iMacs is
with an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and an appropriate App.
(much more expensive than the Apple Remote) !
- Answered by François N
- Dec 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
The new MacBook released on the 20th does NOT have an IR port.
- Answered by John T from Mahomet
- Oct 21, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
The Mac Mini - 2006 and later models also have IR ports located on the right side of the DVD slot.
- Answered by Richard L from Niceville
- Oct 22, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
This has not been mentioned in any of the answers.
The Mac Pro does NOT have an infrared port. This remote will NOT work with the Mac Pro unless you buy an external IR receiver.
It seems that all of the people who have submitted answers here have forgotten that Apple still makes a professional desktop tower.
- Answered by Benton R. O from Hong Kong
- Oct 30, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
All macs after 2005, except the current gen macbook. They unibody macbook that was released in Oct 2009 no longer has an IR receiver.
- Answered by Andrew O from Doylestown
- Oct 21, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
- Answered by Test T from 北京
- Sep 9, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 8
Every Apple product starting with the iMac G5 (iSight) except the Mac Pros, the new MacBook and the new MacBook Air has an IR receiver.
- Answered by Ata Deniz A
- Dec 5, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 9
Most modern (2005+) Apple devices:
iPod Universal Dock
- Answered by Daniel E from Edinburgh
- Oct 20, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 10
Does the Mac Mini (2011) have an IR port?
- Asked by David P from South Perth
- Jun 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Mac Mini (2011) have an IR port?)
- Asked about: Mac
Can I go from a firewire port to a thunderbolt device using this product?
- Asked by Michael M from Arcadia
- Jan 3, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I go from a firewire port to a thunderbolt device using this product?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…
Can this product be used if one has a pacemaker?
- Asked by Eugene P from Sherwood Park
- Mar 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this product be used if one has a pacemaker?)
- Asked about: iHealth Wireless Blood Pressure Wri…