The previous version of the remote was very limited with the iPhone. How is this remote different in functionality compared to the previous version?
The previous remote did not allow for menu navigation nor selection through the media categories. I am wondering if this new remote will allow navigation specific to the iPhone or if it is still just a play, pause, forward, backward, volume up and down remote.
1 Answer from the Community
The update to the Apple Remote is purely cosmetic and in terms of functionality it is in no way superior to the older Apple Remote.
- Answered by Cooper D from Palm Beach
- Dec 14, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
how many wireless devices can connect to it? I believe previous versions were limited to 5
- Asked by Henry S from Jacksonville
- Jun 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (how many wireless devices can connect to it? I believe previous versions were limited to 5)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
Has the layout of the keys changed from previous versions?
- Asked by Constantinos N from London
- Oct 21, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Has the layout of the keys changed from previous versions?)
- Asked about: Apple Wireless Keyboard - English
does the previous version of the mouse work on Lion?
- Asked by Ken T from Piedmont
- Apr 28, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (does the previous version of the mouse work on Lion?)
- Asked about: Apple Magic Mouse