Does the new remote now allow me to remotely navigate and choose movies / shows / podcast episodes from my sofa? or just pause/play/playlist nav?
For example, right now I'm watching an episode of The Totally Rad Show on my TV via an old iphone and a universal doc but I cannot use my existing remote to select a movie or TV show to watch. Does this change with the new remote?
2 Answers from the Community
No, this Apple Remote functions in the same way as the previous model
- Answered by Daniel E from Edinburgh
- Oct 20, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No. The problem there lies within the universal dock. It allows output of the video, but it does not all you to see or control you ipod on the screen. There are many alternatives to this but generally cost more. There are other docks out there that display a menu and such on your screen and let you choose, there is also the option of the Apple TV (which I LOVE). You can also hook up your mac to the external display and use front row.
- Answered by Andrew O from Doylestown
- Oct 21, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can movies be accessed remotely?
- Asked by Andrew B from Noosaville
- Oct 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can movies be accessed remotely?)
- Asked about: WD 2TB My Passport for Mac Portable…
Which Mac to choose as a student?
- Asked by Cecilie F
- Oct 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Which Mac to choose as a student?)
- Asked about: Mac
can you set up the remote app without having a remote?
- Asked by Juliann G from Mechanicsburg
- Aug 18, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can you set up the remote app without having a remote?)
- Asked about: Apple TV