DOES IT WORKS WITH IPOD CLASSIC AND MACBOOK AIR 11?
- Asked by Christos Z
- Mar 3, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (DOES IT WORKS WITH IPOD CLASSIC AND MACBOOK AIR 11?)
1 Answer from the Community
iPod Classic doesn't have an IR receiver so NO, it doesn't work.
I just discovered the hard way that it also doesn't work with the MacBook Air 11 as it also does not have an IR receiver built-in. I'll have to use this remote with an older Mac or possibly search for a USB IRDA receiver (it's a shame though, to attach a dongle to get the remote to work). I read elsewhere that many people have reverted to using a Magic Mouse as a remote for going through presentations. It still fits in your pocket and you can swipe using the multitouch surface.
- Answered by Luke L from Monticello
- Apr 19, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will the new 7th gen nano hook up to my MacBook Air?
- Asked by Isadora T from Soledad
- Sep 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the new 7th gen nano hook up to my MacBook Air?)
- Asked about: iPod
Will this work with my (very old gen3) ipod?
- Asked by Tiepa T from Te Atatu Peninsula
- Sep 1, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with my (very old gen3) ipod?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…