Can you use this remote in your truck will the ipod is plugged into the stero system as an aux. system?
- Asked by Mark L from Virginia Beach
- Jan 29, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use this remote in your truck will the ipod is plugged into the stero system as an aux. system?)
1 Answer from the Community
I asked this a while ago too, I got this: The Apple Remote uses a RF signal, and only controls the RF receivers used in Macs, and the Universal Dock. iPods, and iPhone models do not have the receiver built into the device. therefor, no. If your truck is equipped with an iPod connector, the same one you use to sync and charge it, your truck's stereo unit should have it's own remote. If it uses the 3.5 mm headphone jack to play songs. there is no way to remotely control the iPod, alone. There are 3rd party adapters that can do the job though. EX: The TuneFlex AUX SmartClick - Car mount, charger and remote control for iPod and iPhone. I would include a link to the site, but it says "i have entered inappropriate text" but Google the name and it should take you right there.
- Answered by Tucker H from New Braunfels
- Jan 30, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Existing dimmers, system and control...
- Asked by Morten P from Redondo Beach
- Jan 26, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Existing dimmers, system and control...)
- Asked about: Philips Hue Connected Bulb - Starte…
Could you plug a microphone into Aux-in and use it like a speaker system for a smallish room, for a club lecture etc?
- Asked by Anne I
- Jul 7, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Could you plug a microphone into Aux-in and use it like a speaker system for a smallish room, for a club lecture etc?)
- Asked about: Philips Fidelio SoundRing Portable …