I've got an iPhone5 but no Mac - is it possible to connect the Wireless Keyboard by Bluetooth directly with the iPhone5 ?
I have no Mac - can I connect the Wireless Keyboard to iPhone 5 by Bluetooth directly?
1 Answer from the Community
Yes it's defiantly possible. Just follow these steps:
1. Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your iPhone; this may seem obvious.
2. You’ll see the ‘Now Discover-able’ notice.
3. Push and hold down the pairing button on your keyboard; on the Apple keyboard, this is the round flush button on the right-hand side of the keyboard’s round base, and you’ll want to be holding down the Fn key while you hold the round flush button.
4. Hold down the button on the device until it changes to pairing mode; this is usually apparent when the status light changes its flashing pattern (the Apple keyboard does two quick flashes, then a brief pause, then repeats).
5. Watch the screen of your iPhone: initially it will say that it has detected a ‘Keyboard’ whose status is not paired.
6. Keep the button held down long enough, and the iPhone will pull the identifier from the device and this information will be displayed in the list.
7. Tap the name of the new device you’d like to pair. After a few seconds, you’ll get a screen saying that the keyboard would like to pair with your iPhone. Type the number the iPhone gives you on the keyboard, then press Enter.
8. The status screen will now say that your keyboard is connected.
Note that your iPhone and keyboard will remain paired as long as you leave Bluetooth on. This may be useful because you can enter your pin code off your keyboard when the unit is locked.
- Answered by Brodyn W from Perth
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can you create a connection directly between the Apple TV and an iPad Air 2 or iPhone 5s?
- Asked by Richard B from Winter Springs
- Jan 30, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you create a connection directly between the Apple TV and an iPad Air 2 or iPhone 5s?)
- Asked about: Apple TV
What would be the correct accessory for using a usb midi interface with an iPhone 5c?
- Asked by Nicolas A from Ciudad Autónoma De Buenos Aires
- Jun 25, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (What would be the correct accessory for using a usb midi interface with an iPhone 5c?)
- Asked about: iPhone
Is there a way to wirelessly connect (NOT bluetooth) iphone 5s to stereo receiver that is equipped with a USB adapter ?
- Asked by Valerie S from Winnipeg
- Mar 12, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to wirelessly connect (NOT bluetooth) iphone 5s to stereo receiver that is equipped with a USB adapter ?)
- Asked about: iPhone