1. Can I rearrange the keys on the wireless keyboard to Dvorak configuration? Special tool needed? 2. Can I use 2 wireless keyboards with 1 Mac?
2 Answers from the Community
1. Yes, this is easy. You do not need a special tool. Using your fingers, pry the keycap up from the upper left or upper right corner. You will need to use some force, but don't overdo it; use the minimum amount of force necessary. The key caps will come up with two or three audible clicks. The keycaps have three parts: the square letter you push on and two pieces of white plastic that snap into the bed and into the back of the square. If you do it correctly, the two pieces of white plastic will stay attached to the bed. If the pieces of plastic come up with the square, you can snap them out (this requires a little delicacy) and put them back in the bed. Once you are used to the angle and force required, this happens very rarely. You reattach by putting the square down on the bed in the correct orientation and pushing down. There will be several audible clicks as the square engages with the white plastic. If it is loose, the white plastic pieces probably got misaligned when you took the square keycap off, just carefully attach them to the bed and try again.
I would recommend extreme care doing this with any of the keys that are not square. They have different white plastic connectors and it is easy to damage them if you pull from the wrong direction.
- Answered by Gabriel C. D from Forestville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Rearranging your keys will void your warranty and will not work. For your 2nd question you can pair multiple keyboards and mice with your Apple Computer, with that being said it can also cause issues with interference.
- Answered by Saul C from Fort Erie
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can i use the wireless keyboard I have for my Mac with the ipad2. Do I have to change the setup of the keyboard when you switch from 1 device to anot
- Asked by Mary S from Naples
- Apr 25, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use the wireless keyboard I have for my Mac with the ipad2. Do I have to change the setup of the keyboard when you switch from 1 device to anot)
- Asked about: Apple Magic Mouse
Do the function keys and special buttons also work on windows computers. And... is the USB port full powered 2.0?
- Asked by Sjoerd V
- Oct 14, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Do the function keys and special buttons also work on windows computers. And... is the USB port full powered 2.0?)
- Asked about: Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad …
I need protection from hackers. What is best option for my home wireless system: 1 iMac. 2 MacBooks, 1 iPad?
- Asked by Cheryl B from Charleston
- Mar 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I need protection from hackers. What is best option for my home wireless system: 1 iMac. 2 MacBooks, 1 iPad?)
- Asked about: Mac