keying accents on a spanish keyboard.
What is the most effective way to type a letter with an accent above it on an Apple wireless Spanish Keyboard? Can fuction keys be used too?
- Asked by Roy H from Victoria
- Sep 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (keying accents on a spanish keyboard.)
1 Answer from the Community
You can use this wireless keyboard just as you would a normal one. For example, on an english keyboard, you can type accents as follows...
"Option + E," release, type vowel to be placed under a normal accent. Example - "Sí, me amigo tiene vienteseis años, y es muy simpático..."
To create the "Sí" I first typed a capitol "S" as usual. Next, I hit "option + e" to place a "hovering" yellow accent mark above my next vowel. I then hit an "i" and an accent was placed over it, replacing the "i" with a "í."
You can do this for any vowel - "á é í ó ú" (not with y). If you're looking to add an "ñ" (pronounced "en-yay) you can do the same thing except use "option + n" then type in an "n" to create the "ñ"
All function keys, such as "fn + delete" to delete in the opposite direction, will work the same on that keyboard. More complex, program specific function keys (like with Final Cut Pro) will not work. If that is needed, I'd suggest looking into a full macbook pro/air/ similar computer, or another mac - compatible keyboard. The non-wireless (wired) version would work with more specific function keys, if needed.
- Answered by Seth C from Lake Elmo
- Nov 3, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is it possible to buy a macbook pro with spanish (NOT western spanish) keyboard in the US?
- Asked by Gemma D from Barcelona
- Apr 4, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to buy a macbook pro with spanish (NOT western spanish) keyboard in the US?)
- Asked about: Mac
I'm about to buy it bundled with the iMac, I'd like the buy the French Keyboard, but is it an AZERTY or a QWERTY keyboard?
- Asked by Paul A from Cleveland
- Apr 3, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (I'm about to buy it bundled with the iMac, I'd like the buy the French Keyboard, but is it an AZERTY or a QWERTY keyboard?)
- Asked about: Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad …
Can the keyboard be adapted to spanish?
- Asked by Luciana C from Doral
- Dec 19, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the keyboard be adapted to spanish?)
- Asked about: Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover f…
No answers yet