How easy is it to pair this keyboard with multiple devices?
I'd like to be able to use it (at different times) with a MBP, iphone or ipad. I'm wondering if that's easy to do (say by simply toggling bluetooth on and off on each device), or if the keyboard would only let itself be 'paired' with a single device at a time and if I'd have to go through a re-pairing process every time I changed.
- Asked by John J from Wellsville
- Jul 8, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (How easy is it to pair this keyboard with multiple devices?)
2 Answers from the Community
Whilst the keyboard can be paired with multiple devices (for me an iPhone, MBA and iMac) it is occasionally problematic. You have to remember to switch off bluetooth on (or at least disconnect) the devices you don't want to type on. If you do forget all that happens is that halfway through typing the keyboard stops, or in other cases while starting a device you find you cannot type a password for example.
- Answered by Mark F
- Jul 9, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
My set up needs this too. I need to pair the Keyboard (and track pad for that matter) with more than one MBA (in my example me and my wife each have our own macbook Air's ) but "dock" (at different times) with the same Thunderbolt display and keyboard/Trackpad at a desk. This seems a fair use case, leaving the Bluetooth KeyBoard and Trackpad with the display at the docking desk.
It seem acceptable to turn off the bluetooth of the MAc which is NOT docked, and turn ON the bluetooth as part of the docking procedure.
To work seamlessly the keyboard/trackpads would need to connect to the next device once the first disconnects. I do not however have this working seamlessly, it seems perhaps on Disconnect they turn off and then fail to rapidly connect with the alternative MBA.
Does anyone else have this set-up working perfectly?
- Answered by Ian V
- Apr 17, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can you pair multiple speakers from one device?
- Asked by Bill D from Essex
- Oct 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you pair multiple speakers from one device?)
- Asked about: Philips SoundShooter Wireless Bluet…
Can these earbuds be paired with multiple devices, and can they be paired with a laptop with bluetooth?
- Asked by James B from Denton
- Jan 27, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can these earbuds be paired with multiple devices, and can they be paired with a laptop with bluetooth?)
- Asked about: JayBird BlueBuds X Premium Bluetoot…