how does it do shortcuts that include characters it doesn't have?
- Asked by Aidan P from Vancouver
- Mar 12, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (how does it do shortcuts that include characters it doesn't have?)
3 Answers from the Community
I think what he means is how to type characters that have symbols above them, like ñ or å. You do this like so: Suppose you needed to type an accent over a letter, you would use the option key to enact the correct symbol, then type the letter. Example: Hernando. Option key, then press the n key = ñ. Result: Herñando.
- Answered by Karen W from Loxahatchee
- May 13, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
There is nothing you can do on a 'pc' style keyboard that you cannot do on a mac keyboard. Apple have replaced the CTRL (control) key with there own, CMD (command, its symbol: ⌘) it has the same uses and shortcuts as the control key, Cut Copy and Paste, that sort of thing plus more.
Things like 'print screen' key have been replaced with combinations (Command (⌘) + Shift + Number 3)
you soon get used to the easy way of life.
- Answered by Robert N
- May 12, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Actually I found the place where it tells you that that kind of square root thing, like the one in the 'paste and match style' means control or command or one of those. I hadn't seen that anywhere. Sorry to be duh...dull.
Got it. thanks for you patience. Aidan
- Answered by Aidan P from Trail
- May 13, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Is there a shortcut to the dashboard?
- Asked by Leah L from Edmonton
- Aug 9, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a shortcut to the dashboard?)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad
This "special" version doesn't include the wireless capabilities and is $50 more, am I missing the reasoning behind this product?
- Asked by Dante Q from Brooklyn
- Mar 12, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (This "special" version doesn't include the wireless capabilities and is $50 more, am I missing the reasoning behind this product?)
- Asked about: Wacom Intuos Pen and Touch Tablet S…