Do I need wifi on for bluetooth wireless keyboard to work?
I have my DSL wired to my iMac with the wifi off. Will the bluetooth wireless keyboard work with my wifi off?
- Asked by John T from Santa Monica
- Aug 1, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need wifi on for bluetooth wireless keyboard to work?)
3 Answers from the Community
Bluetooth and wifi are separate. Bluetooth doesn't work off of wifi your computer will need to be bluetooth capable.
- Answered by Anthony E from Sergeant Bluff
- Aug 16, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No to your question title, Yes to the body question!
- Answered by David H from Melbourne
- Aug 7, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Your choice, if you have bluetooth on your computer, it will work with bluetooth connection (30 feet) the wi-fi way requires an iphone, ipad, or ipod touch. use a VNC application and set the keyboard use to all the time. just make sure the keyboard is connected to the iphone/ipad/ipod touch
- Answered by Jeb A from Apple Valley
- Mar 21, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Does it need a wi-fi or Bluetooth to work on my iPod 5 gen??
- Asked by Zulkifli M
- May 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it need a wi-fi or Bluetooth to work on my iPod 5 gen??)
- Asked about: UP by Jawbone
Do you have to have bluetooth or does it work with WiFI
- Asked by Christine B from Orange
- Dec 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Do you have to have bluetooth or does it work with WiFI)
- Asked about: Zepp GolfSense Sensor for iPhone, i…