Do I need wifi on for bluetooth wireless keyboard to work?
I have my DSL wired to my iMac with the wifi off. Will the bluetooth wireless keyboard work with my wifi off?
- Asked by John T from Santa Monica
- Aug 1, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need wifi on for bluetooth wireless keyboard to work?)
3 Answers from the Community
Bluetooth and wifi are separate. Bluetooth doesn't work off of wifi your computer will need to be bluetooth capable.
- Answered by Anthony E from Sergeant Bluff
- Aug 16, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No to your question title, Yes to the body question!
- Answered by David H from Melbourne
- Aug 7, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Your choice, if you have bluetooth on your computer, it will work with bluetooth connection (30 feet) the wi-fi way requires an iphone, ipad, or ipod touch. use a VNC application and set the keyboard use to all the time. just make sure the keyboard is connected to the iphone/ipad/ipod touch
- Answered by Jeb A from Apple Valley
- Mar 21, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
when using the bluetooth to connect to a wireless speaker does it use up data or do you need a wifi connection?
- Asked by Emil J from Lake Havasu City
- Dec 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (when using the bluetooth to connect to a wireless speaker does it use up data or do you need a wifi connection?)
- Asked about: iPod
Is this keyboard wireless/bluetooth?
- Asked by Gerasim. V from Milton Freewater
- May 18, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this keyboard wireless/bluetooth?)
- Asked about: Logic Keyboards Large Print White o…