Configure Apple Wireless Keyboard for iPad with a PC??
I don't have a mac, but do have an iPad and would like to purchase the Apple Wireless Keyboard to use with it. From the system requirements info it appears that you need a mac to configure the wireless keyboard before use. Is there anyway to get around this with a PC? I've read on several different sites on how to pair the wireless keyboard with a PC, but I wanted to double check that I will be able to use the keyboard with the iPad if I do this.
- Asked by Jenny C from Silverdale
- Jun 10, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Configure Apple Wireless Keyboard for iPad with a PC??)
2 Answers from the Community
No Mac or PC required to configure with your iPad. You just enable Bluetooth on the iPad and it finds the keyboard. Then you enter the pairing code that appears on your iPad and that's it.
- Answered by Gail M from Washington
- Jun 12, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No need to configure the keyboard with a Mac or a PC, you can configure a bluetooth connection to the keyboard with the iPad directly without using another computer. Using iOS 4.3 on an iPad 2:
1. Turn the power to the keyboard on.
2. On the iPad touch "Settings"
3. Touch "General"
4. Touch "Bluetooth" to turn bluetooth on.
5. The ipad will search for devices. Once you see "Apple Wireless Keyboard" "Not Paired" touch box.
6. A message message will come up that says:
"Apple Wireless Keyboard" would like to pair with your iPad
Enter the PIN code "NNNN" on "Apple Wireless Keyboard'" followed by the return or enter key.
You will now be connected.
Note that when you are connected to the keyboard on the iPad is not operational. You can only use the wireless keyboard. If you want to use the keys on the iPad screen, you will need to turn the keyboard off.
- Answered by John R from Camarillo
- Mar 25, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I want a good wireless keyboard for my sons new apple mini ipad what do you suggest?
- Asked by Marilyn W from Rushville
- Dec 3, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I want a good wireless keyboard for my sons new apple mini ipad what do you suggest?)
- Asked about: iPad
iPad 2 compatibility with wireless ketboard
- Asked by Gloria J K from San Diego
- Mar 26, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (iPad 2 compatibility with wireless ketboard)
- Asked about: Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad …