At what distance in practice does this work at and does Bluetooth work through walls floors and ceilings?
It would be handy to be able to use the iTunes controls (volume, skip tracks, fast forward etc) in the bedroom which is above the living room where the MacBook lives connected to the TV. The distance would be less than 5 metres but there's a floor/ceiling in the way, will it work? It's a lot to spend just to try it out. I also want to know if it will work from a long way away with no obstacles like from the kitchen with the door to the living room open to control the iTunes movie while at the kitchen table. Is the 30 feet advertised actually true in practice and does the distance shorten as the battery life decreases?
2 Answers from the Community
It would work. The keyboard is actually quite powerful and the receiver on your computer is as well.
- Answered by Bill H from Grand Junction
- Jul 19, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
difficult, with ferroconcrete in the walls a big problem (evey iron in the walls)
- Answered by Rainer N
- Mar 21, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
what is the maximum distance the bluetooth will function away from iphone?
- Asked by Nicholas S from Spencer
- Dec 22, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the maximum distance the bluetooth will function away from iphone?)
- Asked about: Bose Bluetooth Headset Series 2 (Ri…
does the bluetooth connectivity work through walls?
- Asked by Alex N from Briarcliff Manor
- Apr 5, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (does the bluetooth connectivity work through walls?)
- Asked about: Apple Magic Mouse
I own a Dental Practice, will this work for my business?
- Asked by Nguyet K from Chandler
- Sep 16, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (I own a Dental Practice, will this work for my business?)
- Asked about: AccountEdge 2012