My IPad doesn't have 3G or 4G. Do I need this in order to connect it to a wireless, bluetooth keyboard? I know bluetooth and wifi are different.
3 Answers from the Community
No every ipad has bluetooth which the keyboard uses to connect
Hope this helps
- Answered by Mackenzie W
- Feb 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
no you don't need 3G or 4G to connect a bluetooth device to your iPad .
wifi, 3G/4G and bluetooth are 3 different technologies .
3G/4G are for internet connection only (provided by your carrier)
wifi is also for internet connection and/or home sharing
bluetooth is for (local) connection with other devices
this keyboard will connect with the bluetooth connection to your ipad with or without connecting to wifi / 3G .
just one thing you need to remember is that this keyboard is also designed to work with a mac , so there is some features made for mac only that won't work with your iPad as described in the tech specs
i hope this can help you
- Answered by Jordane T
- Feb 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
No, Every iPhone, iPad and Mac made today come with Bluetooth built in. You'll be just fine with this keyboard.
- Answered by James P
- Jan 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
what is the difference between wifi or wifi with 3g
- Asked by Rosmery P from West Palm Beach
- Nov 21, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the difference between wifi or wifi with 3g)
- Asked about: iPad
when using the bluetooth to connect to a wireless speaker does it use up data or do you need a wifi connection?
- Asked by Emil J from Lake Havasu City
- Dec 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (when using the bluetooth to connect to a wireless speaker does it use up data or do you need a wifi connection?)
- Asked about: iPod
Is a bluetooth dongle needed to use a bluetooth keyboard with iPad2?
- Asked by Ramona M from Douglasville
- Dec 14, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Is a bluetooth dongle needed to use a bluetooth keyboard with iPad2?)
- Asked about: Apple iPad Dock