Will this work in Ireland to charge my iPhone? Do I really need it or just an adapter plug? Will the iphone charger take up to 240 volts?
Motorola phones say on the charger 110-240V, but I cannot read the silver print on the iPhone charger. I know I need an adaptor plug for Ireland, but I don't know if I need a voltage converter as well. If someone can read the charger for iPhone 3GS for me, that would be helpful.
2 Answers from the Community
You don't need this. One of those "plug changers" will do the trick (not a voltage converter -- just a plug changer). The little "white block" for the iPhone takes up to 240v (even the US one -- check the fine print on the bottom by the plugs).
I went to Scotland last summer and took both my iPhone block charger and my MacBook and charger -- plugged both into a short U.S. extension cord, put a plug adapter on the end of the extension cord and went about charging my gear every night. Both power supplies auto-ranged for voltage and it worked out great!
- Answered by John K from Harrisburg
- Mar 18, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
By using a magnifying glass and good light I was able to read "Input: 110-240V".
- Answered by Tracey A from Atascadero
- Feb 26, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
The Ipad charger for American 110 volt 60 Hz. Is it also 240 volt 50 Hz?
- Asked by George M from Fairfield
- Mar 31, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (The Ipad charger for American 110 volt 60 Hz. Is it also 240 volt 50 Hz?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable
Can I plug this into my iPhone 3gs wall charger and charge the iPad 4?
- Asked by Scott S from Mabank
- Nov 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I plug this into my iPhone 3gs wall charger and charge the iPad 4?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Cable (1 m)
To charge mophie Juice Pack Air for iPhone 4 in Europe, what do I need in addition to an adapter plug? ( I have a Kensington Intl Travel Charger)
- Asked by Audrey C from Dallas
- Feb 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (To charge mophie Juice Pack Air for iPhone 4 in Europe, what do I need in addition to an adapter plug? ( I have a Kensington Intl Travel Charger))
- Asked about: mophie Juice Pack Air for iPhone 4s…