i only want to buy an adapter plug, not the whole kit
I have a UK magsafe power adapter for my macbook, but want a US adapter plug for when i travel.
- Asked by Ian H from Bunkyo-ku
- Feb 4, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (i only want to buy an adapter plug, not the whole kit)
1 Answer from the Community
Just go to the US without it, stop by the local Apple retail store, and buy the 5W (for iPhone, iPod, and iPad mini) or 12W (for all Apple devices that can charge using USB). Note, the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generation white iPods (released in 2001, 2002 and 2003 respectively) will NOT charge with any adapter that you can buy from the Apple online store and/or Apple retail store. They need an older FireWire 400 adapter, which is no longer available (except on eBay). But, your MacBook is new enough where you can use this adapter kit (as only older iPods won't work). If you have an iPhone 5, iPod touch 5th generation, iPad 4th generation (current model), or iPad mini (or any combination), you will need a 30 pin to Lightning adapter, which comes in adapter without cord (or a longer version, ideal for desks). Have a nice day, but remember to capitalize your sentences (and put punctuation in them too).
- Answered by Trevor Awesome B from Prairie View
- Dec 26, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I buy this with a Europen Plug
- Asked by Frank H from Highbury
- Jan 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I buy this with a Europen Plug)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter
One of the wings broke off my 85W magsafe 2 adapter. Anyone know where I can get a new one? I don't want to buy a whole new charger, just the wing.
- Asked by Ginger C from Nashville
- Jan 15, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (One of the wings broke off my 85W magsafe 2 adapter. Anyone know where I can get a new one? I don't want to buy a whole new charger, just the wing.)
- Asked about: Apple 85W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter (…
Can I use the 85W mad safe power adapter that I bought in the US in London? Or do I need to buy a voltage converter on top of plug adapters?
- Asked by Amy Z from Allison Park
- Aug 18, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the 85W mad safe power adapter that I bought in the US in London? Or do I need to buy a voltage converter on top of plug adapters?)
- Asked about: Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter for…