What is the battery life?
- Asked by Etienne D from Montreal
- Oct 20, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the battery life?)
37 Answers from the Community
"Four months" ROFL. Three weeks is the best I've gotten.
- Answered by John D G from Lebanon
- Feb 6, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I use fresh Duracell AA alkaline batteries in my new Apple mouse. I purchased it almost two months ago, and haven't had to change batteries yet. And I never turn it off when not in actual use.
I wish we all could properly document these "short battery life" reports with the basics - like what brand of AA cell is being used. Because I cannot believe that my mouse is the only one that has lasted this long.
- Answered by Clint B from Mira Loma
- Mar 28, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
The original batteries held their charge from February when I bought it to the middle of March, then I changed them with off brand AA's from CVS and those only lasted until the beginning of April.
I use my computer 5 hours a day, 7 days a week, mouse turned off when I'm not using it.
Now I've got regular Duracell AA's that I've had since April and they're at 60% battery life. I guess it mostly depends on the type of battery, making sure it's turned off when you aren't using it definitely helps.
- Answered by Anthony M from Clarkston
- Jun 23, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
If I remember correctly, it's around 800 non-stop hours of life.
- Answered by Pui-fai Raymon L
- Oct 20, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
I have had the mouse for about two months now and i am still at 100%. I am using Energizer Lithium AA batteris.
My usage is average, about 3-4 hours per day.
I do try to remember to flip the switch at night or when I put the computer to sleep.
This is my first set of batteries.
- Answered by Andrew N from Moorpark
- May 25, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
4 Months, but really depends on the batteries you put in it.
- Answered by John A from Hillside
- Oct 21, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
Apple states that the battery life is up to four months, i assume that this may be longer if the inbuilt power switch is used.
- Answered by Ben W from Hillston
- Oct 20, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
I am using Duracell non rechargeable batteries and have replaced them twice. I have only had the computer/mouse since the end of November. Thanks for the tip about rechargables I was wondering if they would work.
I use the computer 7 days a week at home (since I am on holidays at the moment) but only for about 4 hours a day.
- Answered by Sue B from Goonellabah
- Jan 2, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 8
Well I just bought a set or rechargeable batteries as I have gone through three sets of batters in about two months or less. Anyway 2 days in on these 2000mAh and at 51%. this is extreme but I give it usually a couple of weeks. Mouse is great other than that but it has cost me more than thought to run the thing.
- Answered by Jonathan T
- Apr 15, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 9
I have been using my Magic Mouse constantly now for 3 months. The factory installed batteries are at 58%.
This is without a doubt the best mouse I have ever used.
- Answered by Christopher N from San Antonio
- Jul 24, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 10
Having used up several sets of disposable batteries, I have gone to rechargeables for the keyboard and the mouse. I am still waiting to have to recharge, it has been a couple of months. I do turn off the mouse when left unattended for awhile.
- Answered by Don B from Greenview
- Nov 18, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 11
My Magic Mouse has used the same batteries since Christmas, still works great, has 52% battery life left! I work with it at minimum of 6 hours a day!
- Answered by Zach K from Lees Summit
- May 22, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 12
Same here...3-4 weeks is the best battery life I've gotten...I think the problem might be that the mouse does not go into "power saving" mode as often as it should.
- Answered by Nick K from Orchard Park
- Aug 6, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 13
I've had mine about 5 months and am on my second set of batteries. Just using regular Duracells.
- Answered by Brian C from Sunnyvale
- Nov 16, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 14
Battery life is terrible! I've had my mac a month or so...the mouse is threatening to shut off right now. I love everything else though!
- Answered by Andria N C from Buffalo
- Jun 2, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 15
I have the previous Mighty Mouse at work. I have to change the batteries about once per month. I don't know how Apple missed it...make them with a built-in, rechargeable battery that can charge through USB. Yep, that's what I'm waiting for. Changing batteries is such a pain and they always go flat just when you really need it.
- Answered by David H from Longmont
- Jul 13, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 16
I have been using my Magic Mouse for around 8 hours per weekday for the last 4 months and have not had to replace the batteries yet.
- Answered by Clare B
- Jun 7, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 17
2 To 3 months. Mac mouse have a nice power save function. I use 2100 mA LiPo's
I also never switch off my mouse. Mac usage 6 days a week.
- Answered by Pierre M
- May 4, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 18
I have to change mine every 30 days or so.
Now using Duracell 2000mAh rechargeable batteries.
- Answered by David B from Albuquerque
- Nov 18, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 19
I got this free with my MacBook Pro 2 days ago. I've only used the laptop for about 10 hours at the maximum and my battery is now 93%. I turn the mouse off whenever I'm away from the laptop for more than a minute. At this rate, it will drain in a month. This might be because the included batteries could have been sitting in the store for a while.
Prior to using this, I used a Logitech VX Nano which lasted me about 5 months with the same usage.
- Answered by Ka Hei Y from Sydney
- Jun 25, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 20
Which of the Macbooks has the longest battery life?
- Asked by Michael B from Mountain View
- Oct 1, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Which of the Macbooks has the longest battery life?)
- Asked about: Mac
How much battery life does it have?
- Asked by Dylan J from Denver
- Jul 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (How much battery life does it have?)
- Asked about: Rechargeable Battery - 13-inch MacB…
No answers yet