My computer doesn't have built in bluetooth support. Do I need an adapter or something for this mouse?
2 Answers from the Community
Yes unfortunately you will need a Bluetooth adapter plugged into you machine for this mouse to work.
If you are using a laptop then you could use the USB type that are actually quite small.
I have one and apart from the USB plug that is inserted into the computer the part that actually sticks out of the side of my laptop is only 10mm * 5mm * 5mm
I have it working under Windows XP as my MacBook has Bluetooth.
The default code I used was 0000 for the Bluetooth security connection.
- Answered by Lewis H from Baldock
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes you will need a 3rd party Bluetooth Adapter. The Magic Mouse does all communication to the host computer via Bluetooth.
- Answered by Jim P from Superior
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I have a oxygen car radio system. Will the adapter work for this product? I know I use Bluetooth, but I need to play music as well?
- Asked by Mathew T
- Apr 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a oxygen car radio system. Will the adapter work for this product? I know I use Bluetooth, but I need to play music as well?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2 m)
Does this adapter really support sound?
- Asked by Brittni M from Archbold
- Aug 26, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter really support sound?)
- Asked about: Moshi Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adap…
No answers yet
Any Bluetooth mouse work with iPad 4?
- Asked by Taehee H from Dallas
- Mar 25, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Any Bluetooth mouse work with iPad 4?)
- Asked about: iPad