Is this a good mouse if you have carpal tunnel syndrome?
- Asked by Paul S
- Mar 10, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this a good mouse if you have carpal tunnel syndrome?)
4 Answers from the Community
No, I worked over three month now on this mouse and have bad wrist / hand problems. I actually favor the old apple mighty mouse since it's more stable to the palm. But best would be to use a combination between a pen tablet and a mouse. I work 8-10 hours every day on graphic jobs. This mouse is definitely more a "consumer' gadget for checking your email and surfing the net. Beautiful and amazing. But bad for the long term use.
- Answered by David S from Miami Beach
- Jun 22, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I would think that it would be horrible. It really isn't by any means ergonomic. If you don't have any issues with your hand/wrist, it is very comfortable, even for long usage periods, but I'm not sure about it with carpal tunnel syndrome. I would try it out at your local Apple store and consult your doctor.
- Answered by Gavin R from Sutter
- Jun 12, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
No. In my brief experience working with it for three days, it has begun to create carpal tunnel syndrome in my hand, wrist. I've had to switch to my old corded mouse which is nice and light, rounded edges, and great seamless responses. Some of the problems I've found with the cordless magic mouse is that it is too heavy which means your wrist is working harder to shuttle it around. Seems minor, but with repetitive movement, you've got a budding syndrome. Second, it's edges are sharp so the hand doesn't fit comfortably around it. Lastly, it over responds causing a lot of do overs when mousing around. This is all very tiring for the wrist. I can't use it any more and wish I could return and get my $ back.
- Answered by Joette Maria S from New York
- Aug 17, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
It certainly feels better here, but I think you have to look at a couple other things before anyone could categorically make a claim. I think the super mouse puts creates min. stress on in my wrist. I love this product, when I can use it.
- Answered by Hampton F from Atlanta
- Nov 15, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Is Elgato good for capturing laser discs and editing in Adobe Premiere?
- Asked by Wayne W from Cloudcroft
- Jun 28, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is Elgato good for capturing laser discs and editing in Adobe Premiere?)
- Asked about: Elgato Video Capture
Is this mouse good for playing World of Warcraft?
- Asked by Luis M from Cedar Hill
- May 22, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this mouse good for playing World of Warcraft?)
- Asked about: Mad Catz M.O.U.S. 9 Wireless Gaming…