Is the magic mouse good for gaming?
- Asked by Imrana R from Ballwin
- Mar 5, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the magic mouse good for gaming?)
8 Answers from the Community
It depends on how serious of a gamer you are. If you really want the best for gaming then look for a wired gaming mouse. If your just a casual gamer then yes this is a decent mouse, not the best but defiantly up there.
- Answered by Christopher M from Clarkston
- Mar 6, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have to say No. Any serious gamer would use a multi-button wired mouse; it has a quicker response and you can program those extra buttons.
Unfortunately, the Magic Mouse 'as is' does cater for games, especially First Person Shooters or World of Warcraft. The Magic Mouse is capable of other games such as puzzle games or point and click.
- Answered by Michael O
- Dec 29, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I say NO! I like puzzle games like Bejeweled and it will randomly zoom in making game play impossible and I can't get it to zoom back out. This especially frustrating with timed games. The only solution I've found is to hit the back button which cancels the game :-(
- Answered by Janet O from Fairfax
- Jul 21, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
You cannot click both mouse buttons at the same time. This is impossible to do on this mouse. A deal-breaker for most games.
Otherwise it is an average mouse and you can use it for almost anything. Including casual games.
- Answered by Marius P from Marietta
- Nov 20, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
No, The magic mouse is'nt that great for Gaming(starcraft 2). I find that using the mouse is difficult because of how small in hight the mouse is. it's difficult to grab for accurate movements. also the lack of physical left/middle/right buttons makes it difficult to find the left right and center while in heavy stress situations.
- Answered by Kraig M from Irvine
- Jul 7, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
Absolutely not! Horrible for gaming! Still usuable but it's annoying for games like GMod or Minecraft when you have to use the buttons quickly because the right-click sometimes becomes a left-click, plus, since these 2 games use the scroll feature for the toolbar. The magic mouse has horrible sensitivity with that kind of stuff and goes light speed when you scroll slightly, making a ear-screeching sound. Just use another mouse, doesn't HAVE to be wired though. Just good.
- Answered by Jad C from Edmonton
- Nov 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
No, the scroll speed is way too high and sensitive for quick switching in weapons in games like Team Fortress 2 or Garry's Mod, even on the lowest sensitivity, maybe it depend on the game you play but I suggest something else.
- Answered by Dennis D
- Jan 7, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
depend on the situation mouse doesnt make you win or lose but the web you enter that might be have trick so be carefull in gaming
- Answered by Ferdinandus Ferry C from Bandung
- Mar 8, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 8
How does this perform with games?
- Asked by Chris M from Evergreen
- Dec 28, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (How does this perform with games?)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad
Is it good for drawing on Sketchbook Pro?
- Asked by Oliver K from Caves Beach
- Mar 27, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it good for drawing on Sketchbook Pro?)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad
How will this work for gaming?
- Asked by Andrew C from Orangeville
- Jan 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How will this work for gaming?)
- Asked about: Logitech Wireless Mouse M510