is the laser dangerous, what if a child picks it up and looks into it?
this question is for the new magic mouse
- Asked by Todd T from Staten Island
- Flag as inappropriate (is the laser dangerous, what if a child picks it up and looks into it?)
2 Answers from the Community
The previous answer was not entirely correct. Just because a laser conforms to US or international standards does not mean its "safe". All lasers have some potential to harm the eyes. Its a matter of distance from the source to the eye and power output so even systems that say "eye safe" can cause eye damage depending on how far away/close you are. I do not know the power output of the laser however you should never look at or into a laser- even those briefing ones that reflect off the presentation screen. Its just a good practice!
- Answered by Steven M from Vass
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No, it conforms to worldwide laser standards of safety.
But still best not to wave it into anyone's eyes on a regular basis as it will still annoy the eye, just the same as waving any bright light straight into someone's eye would.
- Answered by James S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
does this fit a childs head
- Asked by Sarah D from Santa Barbara
- Jul 17, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (does this fit a childs head)
- Asked about: RHA MA750i Noise-Isolating In-Ear H…