I have a dual-boot system on my IMAC. Windows XP-Pro will not make a
I have a new IMAC 27 inch computer with a dual-boot system installed. Snow Leopard is on one side and XP-Pro on the other side. My new “Magic Mouse” works great on the MAC side but on the Windows side it says that it is “passkey enabled but not “connected”. Are there specific Bluetooth drivers that are needed for Windows to help recognize and a make this connection possible? If so, where can I get this information?
- Asked by Pat M from Spokane
- Feb 5, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a dual-boot system on my IMAC. Windows XP-Pro will not make a)
2 Answers from the Community
You need to install Apple drivers. You can do this by booting up in XP and putting in your Apple install CD (the one that came with your Mac). The install will come up. Just follow the instructions and your mouse should work perfectly!
- Answered by Ryan B from Jackson
- Feb 13, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Hi i know that this is old but i faced the same situation recently.(Mouse paskey enabled not conected)
The solution for me was to open control panel (start - settings)
and in bluetooth devices i came to properties on general tab highlight the mouse and then on options tabs i check the "turn discovery on"
apply ,ok and thats it.Well you will say how to access there without a mouse...
you connect a usb mouse ..
you can access blue tooth devices and from xp taskbar right,if you check on properties
show the bluetooth icon in the notification area.
- Answered by Helias A
- Nov 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will this displayport adapter work with windows xp on boot camp?
- Asked by Stuart A from Lafayette
- Oct 29, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this displayport adapter work with windows xp on boot camp?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
Does Apple have drivers while running Windows XP on boot camp ?
- Asked by Lee C
- Oct 6, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Apple have drivers while running Windows XP on boot camp ?)
- Asked about: Apple Mouse
can i run windows on a mac
- Asked by Steven A
- Apr 22, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i run windows on a mac)
- Asked about: Mac