How to replace batteries in the Magic Mouse
How does the mouse open - I don't want to break it,. It was my understanding that the battery would last 3-4months . My Mac is about 2months old. What type of battery is required?
- Asked by Esther Z from North Vancouver
- Dec 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How to replace batteries in the Magic Mouse)
1 Answer from the Community
The Magic Mouse requires 2 AA Batteries.
To replace them, just turn over your mouse. You will then see the optical thingy and next to it the on/off switch. You turn the switch off, so that the gray side is visible, and not the green side. You then go to the "bottom" of your mouse (below the apple). There will be some text visible ("Designed by Apple in California", etc.). Below that there is a "rectangle" that is gray and black. There is a switch there. You pull the black part towards yourself (you'll need a bit of strength here) and the lid will pop out.
You will then change the batteries and to close it, just press the lid down. The lock will deploy automatically.
- Answered by Alex L from Alboraya
- Jan 18, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
will it charge the magic mouse batteries
- Asked by Mark A from Lombard
- Aug 30, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (will it charge the magic mouse batteries)
- Asked about: Apple Battery Charger
Does the magic trackpad work better than the magic mouse?
- Asked by Nicolaas S from Rumford
- Jan 13, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the magic trackpad work better than the magic mouse?)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad
How can i buy several battery packs for my magic mouse?
- Asked by Kanya R
- Aug 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How can i buy several battery packs for my magic mouse?)
- Asked about: Mobee Magic Charger for Apple Magic…