How long am I to expect the battery for this to last?
I am a pretty frequent user and within 4 days the battery is 81% already. Is this normal?
- Asked by Faaiz K from Stockton-on-tees
- Flag as inappropriate (How long am I to expect the battery for this to last?)
4 Answers from the Community
Mine lasted less than a month. I kept it on all day and only turned it off at night (that doesn't mean it was used all day though but I am a pretty heavy computer user). That's just from the batteries that came with it.
I have rechargables in now that have been in there for less than 2 days. They are at 69% (but rechargeables in my experience do not last as long as disposable batteries).
- Answered by Alice C from Lynnwood
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
This will really depend on the type of batteries used.
The batteries provided with the Magic Mouse, on average lasts 1-2 months for average computer users.
Rechargeable batteries have approximately 3-6 weeks of use per charge, as they do provide less voltage (1.2V) compared to disposables (1.5V).
Alkaline batteries will have approximately 2-6 weeks of use per set of batteries.
Lithium batteries have approximately 2-4 months of use, and last by far the longest per set of batteries. Some claim to have 100% charge, while still in first month of use.
So in the end, it depend on how often you will be buying batteries and how much you are willing to pay for a decent set of batteries.
Hope this helps and answers your questions with much depth.
- Answered by Peter H from Brisbane
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I think the period would be about a month if I use it daily and continuously with regular batteries. Mine have lasted about two moths and something, but I use it only periodically over the day (only some hours), also I never turn it off, except if traveling (not even over nights).
I changed the batteries about three weeks ago, I purchased common batteries, nothing fancy, and I still have 74% of battery. Hope this helps.
- Answered by Rodrigo G from Mexico Df
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
I use a pair of NiMH 2000 mAH rechargeables on an older Magic Mouse. From full charge they last approximately a month of daily use, six hours a day. I believe there is auto power down circuitry built in and I don't physically turn it off.
Duracell copper top alkalines will probably last longer but I've never tried running down a pair.
IMHO, unless you don't mind tossing a pair of alkanlines every other month, get rechargeables, put a pair on charging standby. Cost effective too.
- Answered by Kenneth K from Brentwood
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
How long is the battery expectancy?
- Asked by Gregg M from Seattle
- Oct 15, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (How long is the battery expectancy?)
- Asked about: Beats PowerBeats2 Wireless In-Ear H…
How long do the batteries last once charged?
- Asked by Aaron S from Auckland
- Aug 2, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (How long do the batteries last once charged?)
- Asked about: Apple Battery Charger
how long does the battery last
- Asked by Michael R from Pueblo West
- Aug 15, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (how long does the battery last)
- Asked about: Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Elite Edition S…
No answers yet