How good is the magic mouse's latency?
Every bluetooth mouse I have used in the past (both on OS X and Windows) had an annoyingly long latency. In other words, there's a small (but noticeable) delay between moving your mouse and seeing the cursor move, which gives the feeling that the cursor is struggling to keep up. I am wondering how good this mouse is in this respect.
- Asked by Karim L from Cambridge
- Oct 22, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (How good is the magic mouse's latency?)
4 Answers from the Community
I'm using the Magic Mouse on Windows 7 with Boot camp on a Mac Book Pro. I installed the hack that enables the scrolling in Windows. I look forward to the official release of the driver, as the mouse seems to not behave correctly. There is an unpredictable latency when you alternate typing and moving the mouse. Sometimes up to 2 seconds.
Scrolling seems OK with some hiccups. Again, switching from typing to scrolling triggers the scrolling of several lines without you really wanting it. In a few words, the mouse is not as smooth on the Windows side as on OS X.
- Answered by Paolo T from Bellevue
- Dec 7, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have detected no latency on the iMac I am using. I haven't used it on other computers.
- Answered by Norman F from Modesto
- Nov 13, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
There is a very slight delay (hardly noticeable) in tracking. Where I am noticing a huge amount of latency, is in scrolling.
- Answered by Thomas B from Dubuque
- Nov 7, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Actually, it seems to work just as fast as the macbook pro's trackpad.
- Answered by Omar I from Wilmington
- Oct 24, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
I am curious as to any possible issues with latency?
- Asked by James J from Henniker
- Dec 9, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I am curious as to any possible issues with latency?)
- Asked about: PUC Wireless MIDI Interface
Is it good for drawing on Sketchbook Pro?
- Asked by Oliver K from Caves Beach
- Mar 27, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it good for drawing on Sketchbook Pro?)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad