Does the new magic mouse still use non-rechargeable 1.5v lithium ion batteries?
- Asked by Dave S from Portland
- Oct 20, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the new magic mouse still use non-rechargeable 1.5v lithium ion batteries?)
4 Answers from the Community
I've found it works best with 1.5v alkaline batteries or the 1.7v lithium batteries. You can also technically use 1.2v rechargeable batteries but the computer will often say the batteries are low, because the voltage on AA rechargeables are lower. It's pretty annoying, especially if you have the bluetooth menu activated because it blinks nonstop.
- Answered by Nathan H from Seattle
- Sep 4, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
If you have AA Batteries with charge, they will run this mouse.
- Answered by Tim M from Hillsboro
- Nov 8, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
The magic mouse uses 2 AA size batteries, but rechargeable AA's can be used.
- Answered by Rodger C from La Grange
- Oct 21, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
The new Magic Mouse will run on either 1 or 2 AA batteries.
I have used Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries, Eneloop ni-mh rechargeable batteries, and cheap alkaline batteries in mine, but I do not recommend relying on the cheap alkaline batteries because they tend to leak sooner or later.
It will not run on lithium ION batteries, however - without a custom battery pack with electronics to make things work, lithium-ion batteries typically put out around 3.7 volts. If you found one of the same size as a AA, it would probably fry the Magic Mouse.
- Answered by Ian G from Winter Park
- Mar 24, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
I have a lithium ion battery that i need replaced.
- Asked by Vasiliy P from Seattle
- May 8, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a lithium ion battery that i need replaced.)
- Asked about: Rechargeable Battery - 13-inch MacB…
How long do the batteries last on a full charge cycle, and what is the starting percentage… with the Magic Mouse? with the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard?
- Asked by Scott K from Westwood
- Aug 9, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (How long do the batteries last on a full charge cycle, and what is the starting percentage… with the Magic Mouse? with the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard?)
- Asked about: Apple Battery Charger