Does the Magic Mouse detect single/double clicks without sound clicking like mac book pro touchpad do?
6 Answers from the Community
Actually there is a way, there's a program called BetterTouch Tool which allows you to ssign the clicking as 'Tap to click', so yes it is possible but only with this software
- Answered by Daniel R from Melbourne
- Nov 2, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The touchpad of the current generation MacBook Pro's is able to click and double click without physical clicking, by configuring it in the System Preferences (tapping).
The Magic Mouse does only allow physical clicks, probably because the possibility of tapping would cause a disproportional amount of occasional clicks while moving the mouse.
- Answered by Joram H
- Nov 5, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
No, it makes a sound just like any other mouse, it depresses down when pressed thus clicking like any regular mouse. As far as the Macbook Pro trackpad, all you have to do is go into it's preferences and check on the box saying "Tap to Click", that way you won't have to press down to click, but instead just tap.
- Answered by Persiyan P from Arlington
- Nov 4, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
It does not. There is no touch-to-click option.
- Answered by Kory H from Anchorage
- Nov 4, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Yes, it can sense you taping on the top of the mouse without really depressing the mouse until you hear the click. The default is that a rubble tap with your left finger will zoom in and out while depressing until you hear the click functions like a normal mouse.
- Answered by Mark T from Walnut
- Mar 26, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
By default you can not tap to click with the Magic Mouse.
But there is a nice and working good app for MacOs which is adding a lot of settings for the Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad, MacBook Trackpad: The name of the app is MagicPrefs.
Just tried it and it is fantastic. No need any more to click. Tapping is enough.
Lot of settings. Perfect.
- Answered by Dennis L from Victoria
- Mar 17, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
Simulate a 'LEFT-CLICK-HOLD' of the mouse, on the keyboard ?
- Asked by Fredric C from Miramar
- Jul 20, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Simulate a 'LEFT-CLICK-HOLD' of the mouse, on the keyboard ?)
- Asked about: Apple Wireless Keyboard - English
Is the Magic Trackpad as easy to click as a mouse?
- Asked by Steven N
- Aug 1, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the Magic Trackpad as easy to click as a mouse?)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad