Can the new Magic Mouse be used with CAD?
For example, the existing Mighty Mouse scroll ball can be set as 'Button 3' so when pressing it down and moving the mouse the screen pans. This is different from scrolling around the screen. If it does I will definitely buy
- Asked by Lee H from Kettering
- Oct 20, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the new Magic Mouse be used with CAD?)
3 Answers from the Community
We have just changed to Macs, and bought the new AutoCAD LT 2013. To start with we could not Pan, but if you download the free software "MagicPrefs" you can enable the third middle button (old wheel) so you will then be able to scroll, and pan as with an old wheel mouse. It also give lots of additional options for two, three and four finger commands
The best thing since sliced bread, i am a total convert !!
- Answered by Mark C
- Jun 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Magic Mouse does not have third button(also known as middle button) at the moment. Thus, it cannot be used with CAD
- Answered by Joomann P from Westpymble
- Oct 25, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes as long as your CAD program uses a standard mouse input. The swipes and other gestures are questionable unless they worked with a MacBook Pro trackpad gestures.
- Answered by D T S from Riverside
- Oct 26, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can you use the Magic trackpad as a substitute for a mouse or is it recommended to be used with a mouse?
- Asked by Thomas M from Clinton
- Jul 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use the Magic trackpad as a substitute for a mouse or is it recommended to be used with a mouse?)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad
I want to use my new iPod Touch and my new Magic Mouse!!!!
- Asked by Yilun C
- Jan 13, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (I want to use my new iPod Touch and my new Magic Mouse!!!!)
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
how do you pair mobee magic charger with new mouse
- Asked by Donald C from Dublin
- Dec 3, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (how do you pair mobee magic charger with new mouse)
- Asked about: Mobee Magic Charger for Apple Magic…