Will an XBOX360 with a VGA cable work with this Mini DisplayPort to VGA adapter on a 27" iMac?
The XBOX VGA cable has separate audio, so that's not an issue, but will the video work using this method?
- Asked by Matthew L from Stafford
- Oct 26, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Will an XBOX360 with a VGA cable work with this Mini DisplayPort to VGA adapter on a 27" iMac?)
2 Answers from the Community
I have to recant my previous answer. Although Apple does state that you can connect an external source to the 27" iMac, you CANNOT connect a converted video signal to the mini port and expect it to drive the appropriate signals. I tried this with the MiniDisplay-VGA converter and a laptop and it DID NOT WORK. Reading further, I discovered there are converters that can do this, but none for VGA that I could find.
- Answered by Knute L from Leander
- Aug 15, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You can NOT send video from any device into the iMac through the Mini DisplayPort. The Mini DisplayPort is for sending video OUT ONLY. There is no way to get video from an Xbox 360 or any other device to show on the iMac's screen.
- Answered by Gavin R from Sutter
- Jun 12, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will this work with the Mini-DVI to DVI Adapter to play xbox 360 on my mac?
- Asked by Kristian M from Webster
- Sep 17, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with the Mini-DVI to DVI Adapter to play xbox 360 on my mac?)
- Asked about: Kanex ATV Pro HDMI to VGA Adapter w…
can I use my new 27-inch iMac as a display for my May 2007 MacBook? (mini DVI tp Mini DisplayPort)
- Asked by Burns C from Fairbanks
- Mar 10, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use my new 27-inch iMac as a display for my May 2007 MacBook? (mini DVI tp Mini DisplayPort))
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter