What cable do I require to connect my Mac book pro to my Sony Bravia LCD tv
- Asked by Simon O
- Oct 7, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (What cable do I require to connect my Mac book pro to my Sony Bravia LCD tv)
4 Answers from the Community
That depends on your computer and your TV. If you have a new MacBook Pro with DisplayPort output and your Sony TV has VGA and HDMI inputs like mine, you could use this mini DisplayPort to VGA adapter with a male-to-male VGA cable, or you could use a mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter with a DVI to HDMI adapter cable. The DVI solution is preferable because the mini DisplayPort to DVI is digital while VGA is analog.
- Answered by Paul S from Lamoni
- Oct 8, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I just purchased a Sony Bravia, and have tried both options mentioned (mini-display VGA adapter to PC/VGA, and mini-display DVI adapter to HDMI). With the DVI to HDMI connection, the on-screen image was very "ghosty" and the colors were "tweaked" and excessively contrasted with a resolution setting of 1080p (which is the option you get with this connection type). With the VGA connection, which is the intended PC connection method as per the manufacturer, all is well. However, one problem: originally, my MBP unibody would not recognize the TV. In the display preferences panel where the resolution is selected, the display title only read "VGA", and I could only select 1600x1200 @ 60Hz as the maximum resolution. I unplugged the power cord from my MBP for a few moments, and when I plugged it back in, "Sony TV" was the title and the resolution automatically switched to 1920x1080 @ 60Hz. I have to repeat this procedure every time I restart my MBP to attain this resolution setting.
- Answered by Gino D from Wellington
- Nov 25, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
If your Sony Bravia has a DVI-input, I recommend you get a Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter for your MacBook Pro (Unibody) or a DVI cable if you have an older model.
If it doesn't have DVI-input, then get the Adapter mentioned before (if you have a Unibody) + a DVI to HDMI cable.
- Answered by Bjorgvin B
- Oct 11, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Purchase new Griffin minidisplayport to HDMI adapter - you will get not only video, but audio also in one cable to TV - if you have mac produced after April 2010...it's little expensive than Apple but price ir right. Also with it you'll get a little connector on HDMI exit - to make DVI exit.
- Answered by Alexander G from Braden River
- Nov 3, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
can I connect my mac book pro to HDMI ready television?
- Asked by Lynda C
- Sep 25, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can I connect my mac book pro to HDMI ready television?)
- Asked about: Apple HDMI to HDMI Cable 1.8 m
I want to connect my MacBook Pro to my Sony Bravia LCD TV, which cable connections do I need?
- Asked by Amanda K from Manly
- Dec 13, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (I want to connect my MacBook Pro to my Sony Bravia LCD TV, which cable connections do I need?)
- Asked about: Griffin Mini DisplayPort to HDMI wi…
what cable do i need to hook up my mac book pro to my HD Television?
- Asked by Vanessa Y from Naughton
- Jan 14, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (what cable do i need to hook up my mac book pro to my HD Television?)
- Asked about: Apple Mini DVI to VGA Adapter