Can I connect my MacBook Pro to 2 external monitors?
I want to use the 2 monitors only, not the MBP's monitor.
I want to run 2 separate programs on 2 separate screens.
- Asked by Joseph W from Billingham
- Oct 27, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my MacBook Pro to 2 external monitors?)
3 Answers from the Community
A note regarding the 13" MacBook Pro: You CAN use two Thunderbolt displays with the 13", same as the 15" and 17". The difference is that if you connect a second Thunderbolt display to the 13" then the internal display is automagically deactivated. The 15" and 17" will drive all three displays with no trouble.
- Answered by Matthew S from Trumbull
- Jun 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I hate to go against someone else's answer, but I have a 13" MacBook Pro (early 2011), and it does have Thunderbolt. All 2011 and later MacBook Pro's have Thunderbolt and all 2011 and later MacBook Air's have thunderbolt. If you have Thunderbolt, you can daisy chain you monitors together, like mentioned in the other answer. The Apple Thunderbolt Display is good for this, although a bit pricy ($999).
- Answered by Teagan G from Pender Island
- Nov 24, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
If you have a 13 inch model, no. If you have a 15 or 17 inch model from 2011 which has Thunderbolt then you can connect to two thunderbolt monitors by daisy chaining them together.
- Answered by Brett M from Austin
- Nov 2, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
How do I connect macbook or a macbook pro to 2 external monitors?
- Asked by Kevin W from Powell
- Nov 25, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I connect macbook or a macbook pro to 2 external monitors?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…
I am looking for a Docking station for my MacBook Pro. I need to connect 2 external monitors, ethernet cable and keyboard. Any recommendation?
- Asked by Emilio G from Ponte Vedra
- Oct 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I am looking for a Docking station for my MacBook Pro. I need to connect 2 external monitors, ethernet cable and keyboard. Any recommendation?)
- Asked about: Mac
Is it possible to plug in two external monitors?
- Asked by Tim S from Angaston
- Jun 18, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to plug in two external monitors?)
- Asked about: Belkin Thunderbolt Express Dock