Will this enable a mac to support the resolution of 2560x1080?
I have the 29EA93-P (LG 29" Ultra-wide screen IPS monitor) and I cannot seem to get the max resolution (2560x1080) with any of the necessary cables. Will this product solve that problem?
- Asked by Julie C from Belrose
- Dec 21, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this enable a mac to support the resolution of 2560x1080?)
4 Answers from the Community
I have the 29EA73 ultra wide and a MacBook pro 13" you can't get 2560x180
You just set the highest you can when you click on system preferences
Then display you can set 1080 then where it says arrange click on that
To take you to next screen where you can set the highest there is
I always get a box on screen telling me its not set to 2560x1080
But Macs don't support that size but the picture quality on mine is very good
- Answered by Alan S
- Jan 8, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
SwitchResX app solved this problem for me.
- Answered by Grzegorz G
- Feb 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Dose your monitor has a display port?
I try to connect my 27" monitor from mini display port to HDMI and DVI. It limit lower resolution.
I got cable witch connect mini display port to mini display port. I could get 2560x1080.
Cable Matters Gold Plated Mini DisplayPort (Thunderbolt™ Port Compatible) to DisplayPort Cable in Black 6 Feet - 4K Resolution Ready
- Answered by Kenji U from Whitestone
- Dec 11, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
I regularly to run 2 external monitors each at 2880x1800 off a late 2013 rMBP. Trouble- and flicker-free. Excellent product. I don't understand what the beef is about in other postings related to this adapter. Hope this answers your question.
- Answered by Jimmy G from Redlands
- Jan 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
will this cable drive a 2560 x 1080 monitor?
- Asked by Bernhard P from Topanga
- Sep 22, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (will this cable drive a 2560 x 1080 monitor?)
- Asked about: Belkin DVI-D Dual-Link Cable
No answers yet
Will this adapter support 1024X768 resolution via an HDMI converter?
- Asked by Jonathan G from Edina
- Apr 8, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter support 1024X768 resolution via an HDMI converter?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter